Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wiekevorst,

today we had great weather again with clear skies. did not get any sleep that night and my head never seemed to get on tract. it is a great race, mostly through fields, we got their early and warmed up, but I did not seem to be able to get to the line on time and just about missed the start. so at the back row and little time to focus, I never notice the Belgium champ up front, and he was, in Belgium style. allowed to escape on the first lap, I started ok, but he was gone. after working through traffic to the front in the first 3/5rd a lap, I road a lone all race, try to bridge to him, the guys behind soon disappeared, but Sals, was crushing it off the front. with 3 to go, there was no way I could get him.
Congratulated him at the finish and dubbed him "crusher", he smiled and said " don't miss the start next race", we laughed.
Well, he looks like the man, but this kinda of course favors him, open power, he is big. I was happy to have faced him and am excited about the challenge at worlds.
Gannon had a great start, and moved into the front group of 5 on the start of the 2nd lap, he went down hard when he clipped a corner pole (steel rod) and had a yard sale. when he gathered 8 guys went by, we rode the last lap together
Cheers

No comments: